Favorite Words

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Friday, July 23, 2010

I Feel Damn Good About This

Yesterday the Twitter world was all (ahem) atwitter--see, that's how you know I'm a writer, that kind of wit right there--with a contest presented by @slushpilehell. You can find the contest, entitled #badkiddybooks, right here. I entered. Repeatedly. I don't know what it says about me that the titles just kept popping into my head.

Some of the entries were hilarious, some a little disturbing, others were actually really thought-provoking and required some literary knowledge to "get." Granted, more fell into the first two categories than the last, but still. A good time was had by all.

Our brave leader chose a top 25 list and posted it on his site. And did I make that list? Yes, yes I did. Am I excited? Yes, yes I am.

Does this make me ponder who I am and what I stand for? Not particularly because that would be a lot of work.

Anyway, it's worth a few hours to read them all. The link up there will take you to the discussion. Or, if you just want to see the creme de la creme of the entries, you can go the easy route and stop by here.

Still. Excited to be on the list. Although I probably won't ever write a book entitled "A Buzzing in the Night: Why Your Wii Control's Batteries Are Gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment