Favorite Words

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Promises, Promises..

Lo and about six months ago, I made a promise. I promised I would get a tattoo the very day I received an offer of representation for my novel.

I've pierced parts of my body never designed for such things but I've never committed to a tattoo. That's way more serious than keeping up with a blog. Way more serious. Way.

It took a panel discussion and secret vote for all my friends to come to a consensus on what the tattoo should be and where it should be located. Then a second panel discussion and secret vote after I pitched a conniption at the prospect of living the next several dozen years with Stewie from Family Guy on my right ass cheek.

In the end, we settled on a very nice Celtic trinity knot on my left wrist.

I hate needles. I hope every day for a reason to get over that fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment